CATICLAN BORACAY CHANNEL CROSSING FUN SWIM
May 13, 2022
1 month ago
FINIS is a Latin word that signifies "the end" or "grand finale." It holds symbolic meaning to the company as it not only contains the word 'fin' (our first product), but the word FINIS also represents the true nature of why we, as swimmers, undergo such rigorous training schedules. We continue to strive and improve upon such an unnatural, but immensely rewarding sport.
FINIS is, and will always remain, whole heartedly committed to the discovery and development of innovative swimming products that enable athletes to meet that "end" or "grand finale" of a finish line that we as competitors and individuals set as a benchmark to become bigger and better than who we are today.
CATICLAN- BORACAY CHANNEL FUN SWIM
No age groups = Open to all.
Certificates of Completion:
All finishers will get a certification of the distance completed and finisher t-shirts.
On-site Registration and Race Packet Pick-up at the wetSHOP Store at D’Mall at Station 2 of Boracay Island will be open on Thursday, May 12 2022 from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm. Present your photo ID and sign the waiver.
Friday - May 13, 2022 - Channel Crossing Fun Swim Day
Gun Start at 7:00 am
Wave starts will be subdivided into groups of 5 swimmers with similar swim skills.
Caticlan-Boracay Cross Channel Fun Swimmers will meet-up at the Manoc-manoc Beach at 5:30am. There will be Finis signages by the road for the public eTrikes to easily locate where to let you off and to walk to the meeting place at the beach.
Upon assembly of all participants, a boat will transport all open water swimmers to Tabon Beach at Caticlan. You will have a chance to see the waters that you will swim across.
Once at Tabon Beach, swimmers will be subdivided according to their swim skills to swim teams no bigger than 5 swimmers and one of them will be a guide swimmer (5 swimmers and 1 swimmer guide)
SWIM START & FINISH
A short swim briefing will be given to guide all swimmers. Imperative that sighting is done every 5 strokes. The current at the channel changes from left to right on tide changes. The swim window of the change of tides is between 6:00 am to 9:00 am where the current is not very strong. Hopefully, the channel crossing can be completed within that window. Be conscious of the current for even when it is not strong there are times that the current will start from left to right by the shore then change right to left in the middle of the channel then return to left to right as you reached the Manoc-manoc shore. The distance of the swim may vary from 1.5K to 2K or more depending on the drift of the swimmers caused by the current. Upon completing the swim you will be awarded your certificates and finisher events shirt after which, you can depart from the race venue.
SWIM RULES & SAFETY
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1) All participants will be provided with Finis event swim caps and must be worn during their heats. No exceptions.
2) No fins, paddles, or flotation devices of any kind are allowed.
3) Individual paddlers or escorts are allowed. Although safety measures provided by the organizers will be ample for all athletes.
4) Swimmers are required to swim the entire course, and stay on course -- failure to do so may result in non-completion of the swim.
5)Body markings (race numbers) must appear on both upper arms.
6) A swimmer experiencing difficulty and in need of assistance shall raise an arm overhead, pump it up and down, and call or seek assistance. A swimmer, who has received assistance, whether voluntary or involuntary, must retire and withdraw from the remainder of the race unless such assistance did not aid the swimmer in making forward progress. No swimmer shall return to the swim if the marshal rendering assistance requests that the participant withdraws from the race or receive medical assistance.
The swim will start at the Tabon Beach and the swim route will be guided alongside by local Paraws . There will be no rope lines guides so make sure you “sight” your swimming direction frequently so you won’t be lost. The end of the swim will have Finis buoys and Finis wind flags for easy spotting.
SWIM AID STATIONS
Medics will be positioned at the beach near the finish to act as an aid station for hydration or any medical emergency.
Swim marshals composed of lifeguards and coast guards will be on kayaks, rubber boats, and jet skis and will be positioned strategically throughout the spread of the swimmers from the leaders up to the tail end swimmers for proper safety monitoring.
In accordance with IATF and NCC directives, the use of masks in all public places are required.
• Pre-Race Requirements:
- Download and sign the Waiver, Health Declaration Form, Pledge of Adherence to all safety protocols.
- Request for a Medical Certificate of Fit to Race.
- Prepare Parental Consent for minors joining the race.
- Prepare the Vaccination Card.
• Race Protocols:
- Upon registration, each participant is required to submit a signed Health Declaration Form for contact tracing purposes, as well as a duly-signed Pledge of Adherence to all safety protocols.
- Working spaces and manpower deployment will be organized in a manner where physical distancing is respected.
- All pre- and post-race activities shall be socially distant or done virtually where possible.
• Post Race Protocol:
- At the end of this event, the local organizers will keep records of all involved for future reference should the need for contact tracing arise.
- Participants, members of the LOC, Technical Officials, volunteers and all involved in the FINIS SPRINT TRIATHLON shall undergo a post-race self quarantine and monitoring for 7 days. If anyone experiences common symptoms like fever, dry cough, tiredness, aches and pains, sore throat, diarrhea, headache, loss of taste or smell, they should contact the Finis Organizing Committee so Finis can advise them what to do and conduct contact tracing accordingly.
- FINIS shall continue to monitor the status of its participants for the next 7 days after the event.
- Use StaySafe.PH as a tool to monitor all concerned.
ONLINE REGISTRATION THRU RACEYAYA
Registration matters, email email@example.com
Race Event matters. email firstname.lastname@example.org, cc: email@example.com
NOTE: WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE RACECOURSES AT ANY GIVEN TIME OF THE EVENTS FOR SAFETY OR OTHER PURPOSES WE DEEM FIT.
Participants can only register via register.raceyaya.com, Participants should ensure they have read all race and event details, rules and protocols and agree to the terms of participation by ticking it before submitting registration.
1. Registration is only confirmed after payment. Paid fees are non-refundable, non-transferable & non-creditable to future FINIS races.
2. Participants should read all details and FAQs in this page and the terms and conditions before submitting their registration.
3. Participants should use an accessible email where confirmation and event updates and announcements will be sent, if any. Updates may be posted and updated in this page and in FINIS and RaceYaya social media accounts. It is the participants responsibility to be informed of any updates.
Please read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS on the use of the Registration Platform.